December 14, 2008

Now what?




Vegas couldn't happen. Roads from Portland to Vegas were closed due to weather with icy and slippery roads, and I couldn't sneak out without any money. The plane and train were too expensive, and it's not like I could ask my parents for money to run away to Vegas for a night.

So, I asked Riot and Rev to call me while they were at the show, so that I could hear it. Riot called me during the show a few times. She called me right before Hurt. I heard 'The needle tears a hole,' and I lost it. I three-wayed Tessa crying. [Yes I am that pathetic.] I was upset not only because I missed this show, but because it's Josh's last show, and the last show period. [For the US leg and this set up at least.] I didn't want to miss this. I'm not sure when Alessandro is leaving, but I hope this wasn't his last show as well.

The more I think about it though, the more I'm partly glad that I missed it, because I don't know if I could have handled it. Poor Riot must be a mess right now.
I'll catch Josh and Alessandro at other shows though. Even if they aren't NIN shows, I can't see them giving up music all together.



Hmm, enough dwelling on what's already happened.
Time to focus on the future.

There will be more NIN in the future, no doubt about that. Even if it isn't the near future, there's definitely more to come from Mr.Reznor. Haha.


Tessa, Katie and I have plans for a road trip to LA for New Years. I hope it ends up happening. Once again, my parent's permission is not necessary. I'm all for escaping and doing something rebelious. All I need is the money and I'm set.




Now, someone buy me tickets to Tiesto on Wednesday. I need my bass fix, and a chance to dance. Mom's surgery for breast cancer is on Thursday and I need one more chance for freedom before I have to take care of her.

Blekk.

No comments: