October 29, 2008

Music music music.



You know, I'm kind of getting the hang of this blog thing. I think that I'm not just going to talk about my NIN experiences and stuff. I think I'll keep a type of journal. It helps to get a lot off my mind.

I'm actually trying to clean my room right now. But the music playing is distracting me. My parents left for Vegas this morning for my mom's birthday. My 14 year old brother, Luke, and I have the house to ourselves till Sunday. I checked my PCC mail today. Saw an announcement that told me that campus would be closed today. Okay, cool, more time to work.

I'm really enjoying the [early] college life. So much more laid back, and I don't feel like I'm being babysat. It is my responsibility -finally- to control my own life.

I'm being a bad sister and letting my brother stay home from school. I think I'll call the school and tell them he's home sick, then maybe pick up his homework once I get dressed.

I'm currently just sitting at my computer in a mans dress shirt and a pair of red Dr. Martens. Men's clothes feel so much more comfortable than my own. I have no idea why I'm wearing these shoes though.


I'm listening to NIN's 'Still' album, and it's really making me miss New Orleans. I just can't get over that place. It was so beautiful, and the whole environment was great. Music was everywhere, and the people were so cool. So now I'm debating with myself. After I graduate, should Tessa and I move to LA like we had originally planned? Or should we move to New Orleans? It's actually tearing me apart. I'm looking for a career in LA. We could have chances to get ourselves out there, and get our music noticed in a place like Los Angeles. But New Orleans just feels right. What's a girl to do? Do we have more of a future in LA? I need to talk to Tessa about this.


The music is also on my mind. We need to really start buckling down, and working on our music. Tessa just got a beautiful black Dean guitar, that should arrive in the mail soon. Then she'll learn how to play it. The brother of a friend of mine sent me a message, and told me that if we needed it, he would be more than happy to do some backup guitar. We may have to take advantage of it. Tessa also got us Logic Studio, which should help us out a lot. Eric is actually 'back' in Portland, and wants to work on some music with us. He makes techno, but he's so talented when it comes to creating music on computers. I think we'll get together with him soon, and goof off with some music. Don't need to make it for the band, just need to make it for the hell of it. It's been so long since I've been able to create music with friends. I've hit a mad writers block. But I think it's actually just my lack of having someone to bounce ideas off of. I guess for now, I'll just do some covers.


Why is it that I'm always nagging people about music? I think I just miss creating it. We've got the ability. We've got the opportunities. And we've got the right equipment. Now we just need to go for it. My music had always been my way of expressing how I felt. Now that I've stopped writing, I feel like it's still all bottled up inside me, eating me alive.


I've turned on the keyboard. My room will have to wait.

No comments: